This complete and user-friendly curriculum will help you have a joyful Waldorf-inspired kindergarten experience without spending all of your time trying to learn everything, gather all the resources you need, and plan it all out.
I’ve done the heavy lifting for you so you can focus on your family, not all the research and planning!
This beautiful, integrated Waldorf-inspired homeschool curriculum includes detailed weekly lesson plans for 36 weeks of kindergarten, as well as guidance on creating a rhythm that works for your family.
Each week includes your:
- Circle time
- Watercolor painting story
- Beeswax modeling idea
- Seasonal craft with color photo and detailed instructions
- Audio recordings of the circle songs and verses
Enchanting stories and circles
- The seasonal stories and circle times are the heart of the curriculum.
- The stories are traditional fairy and folk tales from around the world, retold in a gentle storytelling voice for young children.
- The carefully crafted circle time takes you on an evolving seasonal adventure.
- Audio recordings of all the circle songs and verses are included so it’s easy for you to listen, learn, and then lead your children.
- The circle includes movement suggestions to build more healthy movement into your day and nurture sensory development.
- The circle evolves slowly through the year (adding one or two new songs/verses per week), providing just the right amount of repetition and change for young children.
The complete Kindergarten Curriculum also includes a Summer Stories Bonus with twelve additional stories. That makes 48 wonderful stories in the full curriculum so you never have to scramble last-minute to find a story, search online or at the library, or buy another book – they’re all here in one place.
Beautifully integrated artistic activities
- The painting, beeswax, and crafts tie in with the seasonal circle and stories for a beautifully integrated weekly rhythm.
- Includes instructions on wet-on-wet watercolor painting, beeswax modeling, and handwork/crafts for the young child.
- A lovely color story each week brings a touch of imagination to your painting day.
- The kindergarten handwork curriculum includes beginning projects in hand sewing, wet felting, fingerknitting, paper folding, natural dyeing, and more.
- The weekly crafts are fun (not intimidating) and include step-by-step instructions and color photos.
- Every week you will create beautiful, colorful, nature-table-worthy paintings, beeswax figures, and crafts alongside your child.
New Videos – Coming Soon!
There are new video tutorials coming soon to the Kindergarten curriculum so you can feel confident getting started! I’ll give you a guided video tour of how to paint, work with beeswax, tell stories, and work with fingerplays so you can see it all in action.
- Wet-on-wet watercolor painting
- Working with beeswax modeling
- Fingerplays video library
A truly holistic curriculum filled with heart, soul, and intention
- A full introduction to holistic homeschooling in the kindergarten years so you will understand what to do, why, and how.
- Gentle support to homeschool in a way that works for your family, with no should’s, don’ts, or guilt included.
- Guidance on creating daily and weekly rhythms in the kindergarten years.
- Membership in our friendly, supportive, private facebook group where you can ask questions and connect with like-minded parents.
- This is a digital product which you can view on our member site, download, and/or print.
- You’ll also be invited to join our lovely, supportive, private facebook community!
- The full curriculum is 36 weeks (464 pages/75 mp3 tracks) and includes complete lessons for autumn, winter, and spring (plus 12 additional stories for summer).
- Each week includes a story, circle (with audio), and integrated artistic activities (painting, beeswax modeling, and craft).
- You can also purchase seasons individually (see below).
- Due to the instant-access nature of downloadable products, this purchase is final and non-refundable.
- Your purchase supports my family and allows me to continue creating curriculum and free resources for the Lavender’s Blue Community. Please consider your copyrighted curriculum an investment for your family only and do not plan to resell. Thank you for your support!
- You can view a sample week from the curriculum here: Kindergarten Sample Pages
Autumn, Winter, and Spring are also available for purchase separately. Each season includes the full kindergarten introduction, weekly plans and audio recordings for that season (12 weeks total), and membership in our lovely private facebook group. Please select one of the links below to purchase an individual season.
Please note the individual seasons do not include the summer stories bonus or the video tutorials on painting, modeling, storytelling, and fingerplays. If you’ve purchased one or two seasons in the past and would like to upgrade to the full curriculum, please send us an email at email@example.com to get credit for your previous purchases.
The Curriculum Author
The Lavender’s Blue Kindergarten curriculum is written and recorded by Kelly Ehrman.
Hi! I’m a homeschooling mama (currently teaching 1st and 4th grades) and former mixed-age kindergarten teacher. My academic background was in cognitive developmental neuropsychology but I found that I loved working directly with children (both with special needs and without) and their parents. I discovered Waldorf as a new mama, and as an avid reader and researcher, dove right in! When my oldest reached preschool age and I couldn’t find the homeschool resource of my dreams, I started creating it from scratch….and Lavender’s Blue was born!
I’m deeply inspired and guided not only by the works of Steiner and the Waldorf educational tradition but also by following my own heart and my children. I believe in the importance of holistic education for every child. I love supporting parents and I have a guilt-free, warm, friendly, and generous consulting style. I don’t believe in one-size-fits-all education, but if you are looking for a play-based, nature-based, and gently supportive homeschool curriculum that is inspired by Waldorf education, I would love to work with you!
To learn more about my writing style and philosophy of holistic education please visit the Lavender’s Blue blog, especially the posts on kindergarten here. You can also find many stories, songs, and complete circles on the blog! If you enjoy these, you will love the Lavender’s Blue curriculum.
Here’s what some of our Lavender’s Blue mamas had to say:
My son just said “OUR circle time is more fun than the one we did at school.” (Waldorf school last year.) I was thinking today that this is the first October in many years that I have actually felt October, instead of it just racing by. I really think it’s because your curriculum and circle are so grounding in the season… I can be conscious of it each day and really enjoy it. I love that so much! It is such a gift– thank you!
I have really been enjoying the songs you include in your curriculum. Thank you for including the recordings it makes it SO much easier for me to learn the songs, and it is such a joy to be singing more! For me and the kids. Thank you!!
I want to say a big thank you to you Kelly. The curriculum is so accessible, and inspiring, and helps us to get thru the day as we are all stay at home folk. It’s a foundation for peaceful, joy full and soulful living.
I just wanted to tell you how much I appreciate your curriculum. I have three kids ages 3, 6 and 8. I bought the kindergarten download in December and it’s what held us somewhat together during a rough month. This month it’s been really helping us get back on track and given us the underlying structure and sweetness that we’d been missing for a while. All of my kids enjoy circle time, I hear them singing the songs through out the day and making up new poems to go with the ones we’ve been saying, and I appreciate that the stories are engaging, but not overly long to read.
I’ve been leisurely reading through it, and I cannot tell you how pleased, relieved, and satisfied I am that I purchased it! Pleased because the stories, crafts, and songs are so beautifully integrated and seasonal; relieved because you consistently echo my own opinion that unstructured play and time outdoors are paramount (thank you for that reassurance!); and satisfied because it’s such an incredible value overall. It’s exactly what I would’ve wanted to put together myself, had I been willing to spend hours upon hours crafting curriculum. Thank you for doing it all for me!
With heartfelt thanks,
Who is this curriculum for?
This curriculum package is for families who want a joyful and holistic kindergarten homeschooling experience that’s inspired by the Waldorf educational philosophy.
It’s for you if…
- You believe in play-based education in early childhood.
- You want all the resources you need gathered into one beautiful, thoughtful, and integrated curriculum package.
- You want to save oodles of time and money by not having to plan everything from scratch and purchase separate story, song, and craft books.
- You want guidance on crafting a rhythm that feels great for your unique family
- You want guilt-free, non-dogmatic, and warm support from Kelly and our lovely community.
- You want a curriculum that is meant to be adapted to your family life (and not the other way around).
It’s also for you if…
- You struggle with rhythm and pulling it all together yourself.
- You don’t have tons of time to waste looking for stories, the words to a verse, or the tune to a song.
- You are really excited to homeschool your children but you need guidance and support to become the confident and peaceful homeschool parent you want to be.
Who is this curriculum not a good fit for?
Lavender’s Blue isn’t the right fit for every family. For example, this is not the curriculum for you if:
- You prefer an academic kindergarten experience (such as an introduction to the alphabet, phonics, or arithmetic). In Waldorf-inspired education, these topics are formally introduced around age 7 in first grade, not in early childhood.
- You believe that learning academic skills (such as reading) earlier and faster is of long-term benefit. The Lavender’s Blue approach is to build a strong foundation for literacy and numeracy with an early childhood full of play, movement, and imagination.
- You’re looking for a religious curriculum. This curriculum is secular and leaves space for you to integrate your family’s spiritual beliefs in whatever way works for you. We welcome people of all faiths at Lavender’s Blue.
- You’re looking for a curriculum by a Waldorf-trained teacher. I’m a homeschool mama with experience working with families in a number of different settings, but I’m not an anthroposophist and I have not completed Waldorf teacher training. Waldorf-inspired homeschooling has been a fantastic fit for my family, and creating curriculum just happens to be one of my superpowers. 😉
- You bring negativity or judgment into online communities. We run a non-dogmatic and non-judgmental community! We’ve had zero problems with negativity in our group and plan to keep it that way.
Lavender’s Blue is for you if you need a Waldorf-inspired curriculum that will help you feel more confident, not more overwhelmed.
Lavender’s Blue Kindergarten is complete, user-friendly, and includes a thorough introduction to holistic kindergarten. All your materials are in one place and the circles are recorded on mp3. Coming soon, you’ll have video tutorials so you can see how to paint, model, tell stories, and do fingerplays. We have a lovely online community waiting for you. I can’t wait to see you in the group!
Lavender’s Blue will simplify your homeschool planning so you can focus on your family!
How will I receive my curriculum?
Your purchase gives you access to our members-only curriculum pages, where you can download your curriculum (pdf and mp3 files). You also have the option to view and/or print the curriculum directly from your browser. When you purchase, you’ll set up a username and password. You’ll receive an email receipt as soon as your purchase goes through with information on how to login. You have lifetime access to your curriculum (for your family only), including any upgrades or bonuses that I create in the future for Lavender’s Blue Kindergarten. If you have any trouble at all, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to help!
When should we start kindergarten?
The short answer is kindergarten is appropriate for ages 3-6, but there’s no rush. For a more nuanced answer please see this blog post!
Is this a secular curriculum?
Yes, it is! We welcome families of all religious backgrounds to Lavender’s Blue. Instilling a sense of reverence is incredibly important in the life of the young child and your family will want to do this according to your own personal beliefs. This curriculum is secular, which makes it easy to integrate with your family’s spiritual traditions. If there is anything in the curriculum that doesn’t work for your family, you are most welcomed to adapt it to your own beliefs.
Is the curriculum based around traditional Waldorf festivals?
No, it’s not! Every family is unique, and I strongly encourage you to celebrate festivals that are meaningful for your family. The circle and story themes are focused on seasonal changes in the natural world. That said, there are occasional references to some of the commonly celebrated festivals (such as lantern songs in late autumn around Martinmas and a heart-shaped craft in mid-winter around Valentine’s). The references are pretty subtle, so you could emphasize them if you are celebrating that festival – or if not, don’t! Also, you can always pause your kindy activities if you need more time to celebrate an important festival. The curriculum is meant to be adapted to your family, not the other way around!
Does the curriculum include recipes for cooking or baking?
No, it doesn’t! I’m a huge fan of cooking and baking with my children and these are wonderful kindergarten activities to include in your weekly rhythm. But to me it makes the most sense to include your child in the cooking and baking you already do for your family. Of course it’s wonderful to try new things too, like learning to bake bread from scratch! But with so many different dietary needs and preferences in our homeschool community, it didn’t feel right to include recipes in the curriculum. Of course you are welcome to share favorite recipes and cookbook recommendations with each other in our private facebook community!
Is there a difference between the individual seasons and the full curriculum?
The individual seasons contain all the curriculum content for a 12-week season (autumn, winter, or spring) but do not include the awesome videos (tutorials on painting, modeling, storytelling, and fingerplays) or the summer stories bonus. Your individual season purchase does include the kindergarten introduction and membership in our private facebook group. You can purchase a season for $89 or the full curriculum for $267. If you have purchased one or two seasons and would like to upgrade to the full curriculum, we can give you credit for your past purchases – just send an email to email@example.com.
Do you have a curriculum sample I could see?
Yes, absolutely! The Kindergarten Sample Pages include a full weekly plan (the circle, story, painting, beeswax modeling, and craft for one week). Please note the curriculum also includes detailed movement suggestions for the circle verses (not pictured here), as well as the complete circle on audio and the introduction. For samples of audio recordings, please visit the songs page on the blog.
I have a question not answered here…
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to help!
Click here to view a sample weekly plan: Kindergarten Sample Pages