Lavender’s Blue Second Grade is here and I am SO excited to share it with you!
This curriculum is packed with detailed guidance on how to teach second grade. If you’re looking for a complete curriculum that will help you thrive as a Waldorf-inspired homeschooler, this is it!
The Second Grade curriculum includes:
- A very thorough Introduction to teaching second grade
- A year of fully planned out Main Lesson Blocks
- All your second grade Form Drawings
- Full-color pictures of drawings, paintings, crafts, and math activities
- Circle Time with active learning for each main lesson block
- Audio recordings of circle songs and verses
- An invitation to join our lovely, supportive, private facebook community
Lavender’s Blue Homeschool is a truly unique Waldorf-inspired curriculum.
This curriculum includes a level of detail, step-by-step guidance, and guilt-free support that you won’t find anywhere else.
It’s for families who want to focus on the joy of connecting and learning together, without spending all their spare time researching and planning out all the details.
The Second Grade curriculum takes an active, creative, and meaningful approach to learning. Families love how learning with the head, heart, and hands is all woven together in carefully planned out and detailed lessons.
- Main lessons in language arts, math, and form drawing are planned out in easy to follow, highly detailed daily plans
- All the form drawings are included, integrated into the main lessons in a carefully thought-out progression
- It’s beautifully designed with full-color pictures
- It’s a well-organized and full curriculum but you’re warmly supported to adapt and change for your own family
This curriculum is written with real homeschool parents in mind. It’s written with creativity, careful attention to detail, and so much love!
- It’s professionally designed so it’s beautiful and easy to follow.
- It includes a very thorough introduction (at 143 pages, a book in itself) that covers the what, why, and how of teaching every second grade subject. There are book lists, charts of math facts and phonetic rules, and other practical info to save you time in the appendix.
- Language arts main lessons include 28 stories – wonderful traditional stories from around the world, hand-picked and retold just for this curriculum (not cut-and-paste from public domain)
- Math main lessons include imaginative stories that bring math to life for second graders – including more original math gnome stories (a special request from our first grade group) to introduce place value and a new math fairy tale that sets the stage for a magical Times Table Geometry block.
- Main lesson book drawings are also included! Many parents find that having a model to work from helps build their drawing confidence – it gets you over that first scary hump of “What should I draw?” I’m not an artist, so my examples will give you an idea of what any homeschool parent can achieve – making simple drawings your own child can copy.
- Lavender’s Blue Second Grade is $297.
- It’s 735 pages, plus 59 audio recordings.
- This curriculum is all digital. You can read it within our membership site, download to your own device(s), and/or print it out – up to you!
- This purchase is for a digital downloadable product, so there are no refunds. Please view the sample pages and make a thoughtful decision before you buy.
In Second Grade there are main lessons in Language Arts, Math, and Form Drawing with daily plans for 4 main lessons each week. The main lessons are carefully crafted for a balance of work with the head, heart, and hands. This is holistic learning at its best!
Ok, I bet you’d like a sneak peek! Here’s a tour of the second grade year:
4-week Language Arts Main Lesson
- Introduce second grade level work with writing, drawing, grammar, and word families
- Explore the animal world through story, discussion, art, and beeswax modeling
- Enjoy eight wonderful animal legends (stories included)
4-week Math Main Lesson
- Review and extend arithmetic skills with lots of creative and active work with games, manipulatives, and drawing
- Introduce place value with the sweet story of a new math gnome named Petunia
- Teach math in a way that’s artistic, playful, and beautiful!
Legends of the Saints
6-week Language Arts Main Lesson
- Meet twelve legendary saints from the European, Jewish, and Native American traditions (stories included)
- Make a beautiful main lesson book and practice watercolor painting
- Extend form drawing skills with horizontal mirrored running forms
Clocks and Calendars
4-week Math Main Lesson
- Enjoy learning all about time, clocks, and calendars with movement, poetry, arithmetic, and hands-on practice
- Introduce all the times tables with movement
- Make your own beautiful calendar with illustrations and a lovely verse
The King of Ireland’s Son
4-week Form Drawing Main Lesson
- Read the magnificent novel The King of Ireland’s Son together
- Practice speech and learn Irish folk songs
- Explore form drawing with sixteen colorful geometric forms
4-week Language Arts Main Lesson
- Extend language arts skills with integrated lessons including speech, poetry, writing, drawing, reading, form drawing, and beeswax modeling
- Enjoy eight delightful Aesop’s fables and act them out together
- Dive deep into work with word families
Times Tables Geometry
4-week Math Main Lesson
- Go on an imaginative quest to explore the beautiful world of number patterns with an original story
- Use rhythm, movement, geometry, and drawing to learn the times tables
- Practice mental arithmetic with number journeys
4-week Language Arts Main Lesson
- Meet the famous tricksters Anansi, Tortoise, Coyote, and Br’er Rabbit in eight funny stories
- Engage with the stories through puppetry, painting, poetry, and making moving pictures
- Wrap up your second grade year with a block full of imaginative hands-on crafting
There are a few more things you should know!
- Lavender’s Blue does not include a rigid schedule but it doesn’t leave you on your own either – instead there’s a planning guide to help you craft a daily and weekly rhythm that work for your family, with several sample schedules included.
- I always support you to use the curriculum in whatever way works best for you right now – use it as “open-and-go,” or use it as inspiration for your own lessons – I never leave you hanging, but I always trust you to make your own decisions.
- We have the most lovely, non-judgmental group of parents in our private facebook group (thank you all for being the best!!!).
The Lavender’s Blue curriculum is a uniquely strong math program.
- Fully developed plans for main lessons, games, active math, and practice work
- Thoroughly grounded in the best of Waldorf math theory and pedagogy
- Original math stories that make learning math engaging, memorable, and fun
- Active math and movement are all spelled out so you don’t need to guess what to do
Second Grade also includes a complete circle time!
- Songs, movement, speech, and math work are all integrated into an imaginative, developmentally appropriate circle
- A fully planned out circle saves you hours and hours of planning time – and it’s something you won’t find anywhere else
- The circle songs and verses are recorded for you on audio to make it easy for you to learn (and you don’t need to know how to read music).
Here’s what some of our Lavender’s Blue mamas had to say:
The material that I have gone through so far is fantastic. I do not know why I waited so long to sign up for second grade! I have researched several Waldorf inspired curriculums and yours truly rises above the rest. I am so thankful that I found you! Thank you thank you thank you.
I adore you Kelly for the work you are doing. You have had a huge impact on my family and I am deeply grateful. You are able to take all these ideals I have and communicate HOW to make it happen in real life. My homeschool dreams came true when I found your curriculum and started applying all the ideas. I love that it is holistic and peaceful and VERY rich.
The second grade curriculum is awesome!!! It’s such a gift and blessing to be able to go on this learning and growing adventure alongside our precious kids. There couldn’t be a more perfect, compassionate and doable guide than you and your amazing curriculum.
I want to tell you how MUCH I appreciate that you don’t write on and on and on in a lesson plan. Because of the way you keep things short and sweet I’m able to pick this up and go without becoming overwhelmed. As a working mom my planning time is about nil. Your work makes it possible to homeschool in a way that meets my children’s needs without doing tons of leg work. Thank you for making things simple. It is a true talent to be concise yet clear!
If you’ve ever looked at the wealth of information available in various Waldorf curriculum and had no idea how to get started, or make a daily plan, this is for you. It’s the closest to an open and go Waldorf curriculum I’ve seen.
This is hands-down the best curriculum I’ve used (and I’ve tried several others!). Thank you, thank you. I have really, really enjoyed this year. You’ve been so supportive and approachable to all of us and we all just wish we could keep on using your curriculum through high school (or as high as each wants to go — but you get the idea!) We just love you and your curriculum and I can’t thank you enough for a truly beautiful 2nd grade year for my son.
Kelly did another amazing job at putting together a Waldorf curriculum that is easy for us parents to use and implement. It was clear and easy to understand and follow. Lavender’s Blue is the one Waldorf curriculum where I don’t feel stressed out trying to figure out what I am going to do each week as Kelly has it laid out for us. This program has truly been amazing and you can tell that you put so much work and heart into this and I thank you so much for doing this! You really have saved me a lot of planning stress.
I can’t express how beautiful and life changing LB has been to our family. When I think to how harried and all over the place we were two years ago. Now we are calm, well paced, relaxed and totally in love with learning. Every day with LB is a beautiful gift xo
I can’t wait to have you in our second grade group this year!
If you have any questions, please email me at email@example.com
Lavender's Blue Second Grade
This beautiful, complete Waldorf-inspired homeschool curriculum includes detailed daily lesson plans for second grade main lessons in language arts, math, and form drawing. Drawing, watercolor painting, beeswax modeling, form drawing, and active math are all planned out for the year and integrated with the main lessons. The curriculum includes a full circle time with audio recordings of all the circle songs and verses. You’ll also be invited to join our lovely, supportive, private facebook community!
This is a digital product which you can view on our member site, download, and/or print - 735 pages/59 mp3 tracks. Due to the nature of downloadable products, this purchase is final and non-refundable. I look forward to supporting you on your homeschool journey!